When you go to the grocery store this time of the year, you’ll find all kind of baking ingredients laying around the store. From sugar cookie mix to baking sodas, flour, pumpkin spice and of course chocolate chips. When I was grocery shopping the other day, I ended up a bunch of chocolate chip bags. So I decided to make this chocolate marshmallow fudge.
This recipe is very simple and easy to make. It would also be a great treat to bring along to a Christmas party.
I got the recipe from allrecipes.com and modified it just a bit. I added some vanilla extract and mini marshmallows. Marshmallows always go well with chocolate, so why not add them to fudge. Right?
I thought this chocolate marshmallow fudge would last at least a week in my fridge, and boy was I wrong. It only lasted 3 days. I was eating 3 or 4 pieces a day with my afternoon coffee. I can’t be trusted around chocolate 😛 Then Amir was asking me to make some more as he was eating the last piece. It’s that good!!
So let’s make some fudge. 🙂
Prep time: 10 minutes
Inactive time: 2 hours
Original recipe adopted from allrecipes.com.
3 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
1 (14 ounce) can sweeten condensed milk
1/4 cup of butter (1/2 a stick)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of mini marshmallows
Place the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter in a large bowl and place over a pot with simmering water. Stir the chocolate mixture with a spatula until melted.
The original recipe uses the microwave to melt the chocolate. You can go either way.
Remove from the heat and mix in the mini marshmallows and vanilla extract.
Here is an added bonus, when you add the marshmallows, some of them will melt because hot chocolate and condensed milk mixture. This will give your fudge a nice marbled look.
- 3 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweeten condensed milk
- ¼ cup of butter (1/2 a stick)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- Place the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter in a large bowl and place over a pot with simmering water. Stir the chocolate mixture with a spatula until melted.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the mini marshmallows and vanilla extract.
- Pour into a well greased 8×8-inch glass baking dish. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until it’s set.
- Once it's set, cut the chocolate marshmallow fudge into bite size pieces, store in the fridge or enjoy right away.