These 3 ingredient chocolate swirls are so easy to make. They are the perfect last minute dessert or a quick treat for the kids after school. I mean, you are filling up buttery dough with chocolate and sugar, what could be better.
I have to warn you, one or two won’t do it. So save up some calories, and prepare to indulge.
I hope you get to try this recipe and enjoy it!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 Roll of Puff Pastry thawed and well drained
1.5 Tbsps of Cocoa Powder
2 Tbsps of Sugar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Here is a tip for you. You could place them like this in the fridge for a few hours until you’re ready to bake them. This way, if you’re hosting a party, you can make them ahead of time, pop them in the oven right when you serve the main dish and allow them to cool a bit before serving. Let me tell you, there is noting like serving fresh warm chocolate pastries for dessert.
- 1 Roll of Puff Pastry thawed and well drained
- 2 Tbsp of Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp of Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Unfold the pastry sheet and spread the cocoa powder on it leaving about ¼ of an inch on the edges
- Sprinkle the sugar over the cocoa evenly
- Roll up the dough tightly as shown on the picture
- If you feel that the dough is too soft, you can place it in the fridge a 10-15 minutes to cool so it is easier to cut
- Using a sharp knife cut the roll in circle about ½ inch tick
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden
- Remove from oven and allow the swirls to cool before serving
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature!