This chocolate yogurt is a great alternative to ice cream if you are on a diet. You could also serve it as a dip with fruit for dessert or an afternoon snack. It practically takes 5 minutes to prepare and can last a few days in the fridge. If you love chocolate as much as I do, and crave chocolate yogurt as much as I do, then make yourself a few of these and save them in your fridge.
Yes, I crave chocolate yogurt all the time. But every time I go to the grocery store, I stand in front of the yogurt aisle and look for one but I never seem to find it. So I decided to make my own. How hard could it be, I thought. It’s just chocolate and yogurt. And that’s how I came up with this recipe. 🙂
You won’t need any sweetener because the milk chocolate is pretty sweet. If you are indeed watching your diet then I wouldn’t use anything other than plain yogurt. Flavored vanilla yogurt usually has a lot of added sugar, which is not good for you anyways. I just like add a hint of vanilla extract to give it more flavor.
I hope you’ll enjoy this as much as I do! 🙂
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Makes: 2 Servings
2 cups of low fat plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
1 of milk chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
As you start folding the chocolate into the yogurt, the chocolate will start to harden and you will end up with tiny little chocolate crystals in the chocolate yogurt, which will give you an extra punch of chocolate flavor. Ahhh… I just love it.
- 2 cups of low fat plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1 of milk chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Drain the yogurt from any excess water and place it in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Then add it along with the vanilla extract to the yogurt.
- Gently fold the melted chocolate into the yogurt.
- Pour the chocolate yogurt into serving cups and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.