We just bought the Keurig coffee maker and I thought chocolate bread would taste really good with a fresh cup of coffee. So I made this yummy double chocolate bread. Let me tell you, this was one of the best breads I’ve ever made, and I just had to share it with you.
I wanted this to be more of a bread. So I didn’t use any butter and used very little sugar. But to keep it moist, I added apple sauce, plain yogurt and chocolate chips. But don’t worry, the sweetness and greasiness from the chocolate chips will make up for the butter and sugar.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Makes: 1 9*5 loaf
1 cup of apple sauce
1/2 cup of plain yogurt
1/3 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2/3 cup of chocolate chips
1 cup + 1 teaspoon of flour
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2 teaspoon of baking powder
a pinch of salt
2 teaspoons of powdered sugar (optional)
Grease a 9*5 loaf pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
This bread will keep it’s moisture for days. You can actually toast it and spread a little butter on the second or third day. It will taste better than the first day you made it.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of apple sauce
- ½ cup of plain yogurt
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- ⅓ cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ⅔ cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup + 1 teaspoon of flour
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of powdered sugar (optional)
- Grease a 9*5 loaf pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small bowl, mix together the 1 teaspoon of flour with the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Sift together the dry ingredients which include the 1 cup of flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the eggs, apple sauce, yogurt, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Whisk well until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Add and mix in the dry ingredients you prepared earlier, then fold in the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the bread.
- Once it’s done, take the double chocolate bread out the oven and allow it to cool for at least ½ hour before un-molding.
- Dust with powdered sugar if using. Enjoy as a snack or even for breakfast.