I went to a birthday party recently and they served a fruit cake. It was really good, but being the chocoholic I am, I felt pretty disappointed. I really wanted to have a chocolate cake that day. A few days later I decided to just make my own. I looked for a recipe that my mom had given me a few years back that uses a warm chocolate syrup, but of course I couldn’t find it. So I just created my own recipe. AND OH MY!! Let’s just say, it hit the spot 🙂
Extra moist chocolate cake is the perfect treat, oh, anytime of the day if you’d ask me.
I hope you’ll get to try this recipe and enjoy it!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
3 Large Eggs
1 Cup of Butter (2 Sticks) at room temperature
1 Cup of Sugar
1/2 Cup of Plain Yogurt
1 1/2 Cups of Flour
1/2 Cup of Cocoa Powder
2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
A dash of salt
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
1 Cup of Chocolate Syrup
Preheat Oven to 375 o F and prepare a 9 inch cake pan by spraying it with cooking spray.
When you are done adding the dry ingredients, let the mixer run a couple of minutes.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean from the edges of the cake and slightly wet from the center. That is the trick to having a moist cake.
But wait, I said it would be an Extra Moist Chocolate Cake. So let’s go to the next step.
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup of Butter (2 Sticks) at room temperature
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- ½ Cup of Plain Yogurt
- 1½ Cups of Flour
- ½ Cup of Cocoa Powder
- 2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- A dash of salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup of Chocolate Syrup
- Preheat Oven to 375 o F and prepare a 9 inch cake pan by spraying it with cooking spray
- In a bowl sift and mix your dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar
- Add the plain yogurt, mix well. Then add the eggs one by one. Once incorporated, add the vanilla extract
- Once the wet ingredients are mixed, start adding the dry ingredients you have saved earlier little by little
- When you are done adding the dry ingredients, let the mixer run a couple of minutes, then pour the batter evenly in the prepared pan
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean from the edges of the cake and slightly wet from the center. That is the trick to having a moist cake
- Add that to a sauce pan and start heating it up about 2 to 3 minutes before the cake comes out of the oven
- Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and using a toothpick put as many holes on the cake as you can
- Take the nice hot chocolate syrup you heated and pour it evenly on the cake
- Let it to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving and you also want to allow the cake to absorb the chocolate syrup we added
- Serve the chocolate cake warm with some vanilla ice cream or just enjoy it at room temperature with a cup of coffee