Lately this Ginger and Saffron Tea has been my absolute favorite drink before bed, especially now that it is getting cold. I personally use both saffron and ground ginger in almost all my cooking. But I just discovered a new way to consume these 2 amazing ingredients without having to dirty any pots, just add them to tea. But since I don’t need to have caffeine right before bed, I decided to just add hot water. Et voila, “caffeine free good for you tea” was created.
Briefly here are some health benefits of saffron and ginger:
1- saffron is:
- Good for the digestive system
- A great source of iron
- Immunity booster, knock on wood, I don’t recall the last time I had a cold
- An antioxidant
- Helps control blood pressure
- Helps control depression
- Helps give you a glowing and radiant skin. By the way, I get a lot of compliments about my skin
- Read more saffron benefits here.
2- Ginger is:
- Also good for your digestive system and immunity booster
- It helps relieve muscle pain and soreness. So if you hit those ski slopes for the first time this season, have this ginger and saffron tea to help with the muscle soreness and keep warm
- It can prevent diabetes and in some cases even reverse the disease.
- Can reduce menstrual pain. So ladies, your PMS might become less painful. Who knew?
- It can prevent cancer.
- Read more ginger benefits here.
Let me tell you, this drink is not only good for you as you can see from the benefits above, but boy does it taste great. The saffron and ginger combination are incredible. So let’s make some tea and stay healthy and warm this holiday season.
Prep time: 5 Minutes
1 Cup of boiling water
1 Small piece of ginger root, peeled
3 to 4 threads of saffron
1 Teaspoon of raw honey
2 to 3 drops of lemon juice or to taste
Place the ginger and saffron in a mug or tea cup.
Pour the hot water over it, let it brew for 3 to 5 minutes till you get the bright yellow color from the saffron and start smelling the aroma of the ginger.
- 1 Cup of boiling water
- 1 Small piece of ginger root, peeled
- 3 to 4 threads of Saffron
- 1 Teaspoon of raw honey
- 2 to 3 drops of lemon juice or to taste
- Place the ginger and Saffron in a mug or tea cup.
- Pour the hot water over it, let it brew for 3 to 5 minutes till you get the bright yellow color from the Saffron and start smelling the aroma from the ginger.
- Add the honey and lemon juice , stir and enjoy right away while it's still hot.