This traditional Moroccan Green Pea Soup is the perfect meal for a cold winter or even spring night. It is very easy to make, super cheap, and full of nutrition. I was shocked when my very picky 6 year old was eating and enjoying it with bread. He calls it the Green Soup.
If time or money is tight, don’t hesitate feeding this soup to your family.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
1 lb of Green Peas
8 Gloves of Garlic
6 Cups of Water
1 Tsp of Cumin
Salt to taste
For Garnishing: Olive Oil and Paprika
- 1 lb of Green Peas
- 8 Gloves of Garlic
- 6 Cups of Water
- 1 Tsp of Cumin
- For Garnishing: Olive Oil and Paprika
- Wash the green peas and soak them in water for a few minutes
- In the mean time mince the garlic using a knife or garlic press
- Bring the water to a boil
- Add the green peas, salt, cumin, and garlic to the water and cook for 15-20 minutes
- Take your pot of the heat. Using a hand blender, blend the soup till it is smooth
- It should be very creamy
- Heat it up for about 5 minutes.
- If it is very thick, you can add about a cup of hot water
- When serving, you can garnish with paprika and olive oil.
- Enjoy it hot with your favorite bread!