This is a the traditional recipe for the Moroccan Kebab, or kuftah. In Morocco, the butcher usually prepare the Kuftah for you with all the herbs and spices, and you just have to grill it at home. But you can make your own at home, it’s not that difficult.
For grilling I used skewers for Kebabs, but if you don’t have them, making patties will be just as good.
I hope you get to try this recipe and enjoy it!
Prep-time: 10 Minutes
Cook-time: 15 Minutes
2 Lbs of Ground Lamb
1 onion ground
2 Tbsp of chopped parsley
2Tbsp of chopped cilantro
1tsp of chopped mint
Salt and Pepper to taste
Mix well. You should use gloves when mixing the meat to lower chances of cross contamination and also your hands won’t smell like spices and onion for the rest of the day
When done cover it with a plastic wrap; let it rest for 1/2 – 1 hour in the fridge
Place the ground lamb on skewers, again try using gloves if possible
As a reminder, at this stage you can make patties if you don’t have skewers for kebabs
Barbecue the meat for 5-7 minutes on each side
Enjoy with grilled vegetable or steamed rice
As a side note, I made this Kabob for a party. My guests loved it so much, they didn’t give me a chance to take the final serving picture.
I Hope you will enjoy it just as much!!
- 2 Lbs of Ground Lamb
- 1 onion ground
- 2 Tbsp of chopped parsley
- 2Tbsp of chopped cilantro
- 1tsp of chopped mint
- Salt, Pepper
- 1tbsp cumin
- 1tbsp Paprika
- 1tbsp ginger
- 1tsp cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients together
- Mix well, cover it with a plastic wrap and let it rest for ½ - 1 hour in the fridge
- Place the ground lamb on skewers (at this stage you can make patties if you don't have skewers for kebabs)
- Barbecue the meat for 5-7 minutes on each side
- Enjoy with grilled vegetable or steamed rice.