This Moroccan Olive Dip is a great appetizer for any occasion especially if you love olives.
I am using 2 types of olives in this recipe. Green Olives and Kalamata Olives, but you can use any olive combination you would like. You can even use just one type. The main ingredient here which gives it a Moroccan flavor is the Harissa Spice Mix or Harissa Paste. You can use either one to add a spicy and smoky flavor to the olives.
You will notice that I am not using any salt or pepper in this recipe. I am not using salt because olives are usually salty since they are preserved in salted water. I am also not using any pepper because the Harissa spice mix or paste, whichever you are using is spicy enough.
I hope you get to try this recipe and enjoy it!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Yields: 1 Cup
Add all ingredients to a food processor.
A small food processor should be enough. I am using the one I used to use for baby food.
Pulse a couple of times, just until the cilantro is chopped
Et Voila, a Delicious Moroccan Olive Dip ready in minutes
Serve with crackers, pita bread, or toasted french bread.
You can store in an airtight container for a couple of days.
- 1 Cup of Pitted Green Olives
- 1 Cup of Pitted Kalamata Olives
- A few leaves of Cilantro (about 5)
- ½ Teaspoon of Harissa Spice Mix or Harissa Paste (you can use more if you like it spicy)
- 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Add all ingredients to a food processor
- Pulse a couple of times, just until the cilantro is chopped
- Et Voila, a Delicious Moroccan Olive Dip ready in minutes
- Serve with crackers, pita bread, or toasted french bread