I love orange bundt cake. It is easy to make, great for breakfast or afternoon snack with coffee. Oh I can’t function without my afternoon coffee, and I have to have it with something sweet. This orange cake is the perfect compliment to my coffee. They both give me just enough energy to finish my day, which usually ends around midnight.
You’ll notice I am using the KitchenAid stand mixer for the first time on the blog. Actually, I have had the mixer for, Oh, about 2 years now and this is my first time ever using it. I know, you’re probably wondering how it is possible to under use, or not use such a great gadget for such a long time. Well I had a super busy 2 years, I remodeled a house, moved, got pregnant, had a baby who is almost a year. So my stand mixer was hidden in the cabinet where no one could see it, and I never bothered looking for neither. Well I am glad I am using it now, it made my job so much easier, and I guarantee you a lot of breads and cake recipes.
Back to the cake. I am not using a glaze on the cake, but you can certainly glaze yours after it cools off. It will taste terrific!
Ok, let’s get to it!
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 50-60 minutes
4 Large Eggs
1 1/4 Cup of Sugar
1 1/4 Cup of Melted butter
Juice and Zest of 1 Orange (about 1/2 cup of orange juice)
1 Tsp of Vanilla
2 1/2 Cups of Flour
1 Tsp of Baking Powder
1 1/2 Tsp of Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp of Salt
Powdered Sugar to Garnish
Preheat the oven at 350 degrees and spray a bunt or tube pan; set aside.
Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt), then sift them to get rid of any lumps.
Allow the cake to cool off for at least half an hour before un-molding.
I have un-molded bunt cakes before while they were still hot because I was in a hurry and ended up with a broken cake all over the counter.
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1¼ Cup of Sugar
- 1¼ Cup of Melted butter
- Juice and Zest of 1 Orange (about ½ cup of orange juice)
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla
- 2½ Cups of Flour
- 1 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1½ Tsp of Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp of Salt
- Cooking Spray
- Powdered Sugar to Garnish
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees and spray a bunt cake pan; set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt), then sift them to get rid of any lumps.
- Beat the eggs on low medium speed.
- Add sugar then oil and beat until incorporated.
- Add the orange juice, orange zest, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients little by little to the egg and orange mixture until you have a smooth batter. Scape the sides to make sure all the flour is mixed into the batter.
- Pour the batter evenly into the baking pan and tap the pan on the counter to get rid of any air pockets.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
- Allow the cake to cool off for at least half an hour before un-molding.
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy with tea or coffee!