Sauteed Mushroom and Garlic is an easy and healthy side dish that take minutes to prepare. It goes really well with grilled chicken and steamed rice, or you can even add it to a salad.
I came up with this recipe the other day because I wanted an easy side dish to my grilled chicken. Whenever I use mushrooms in my recipes, I always saute them in olive oil first before adding them to soups, pastas, or meats. I don’t usually season or add any other ingredients if I am adding them to a dish, but if I am serving mushrooms by themselves as a side dish, then I like to add some garlic and herbs. I am using dried oregano, but you can use any herbs that you prefer. You can even use a combination of herbs such as Italian herbs.
I also like to use sauteed mushroom and garlic to freshen up any left overs such as pasta or chicken. You can also add them to boring canned soup to make it taste homemade. Who knew! Right? And yes, there are times when I serve canned soup for dinner, but thanks to the sauteed mushroom and garlic, no one ever finds out that it is canned soup.
I hope you will get to try this recipe and enjoy it!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
8 Ounces of Sliced Mushrooms
2 Gloves of Garlic Chopped
1 Table Spoon of Olive Oil
1/2 Tea Spoon of Dried Oregano
1 Table Spoon of Chopped Parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
You notice I haven’t added any salt or pepper. I usually don’t season the sauteed mushrooms till the end because when I add salt to raw mushrooms, they end up releasing their juice and end up with steamed mushrooms instead. So hold your salt for now 🙂
- 8 Ounces of Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 Gloves of Garlic Chopped
- 1 Table Spoon of Olive Oil
- ½ Tea Spoon of Dried Oregano
- 1 Table Spoon of Chopped Parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan, heat up the olive oil and add the garlic. Saute for about 1-2 minutes. Just until you smell the garlic aroma. Don’t over cook, so you don’t burn the garlic
- Add the mushrooms and dried oregano and saute for 5 to 7 minutes just until the mushrooms look softened
- Once the mushrooms are soft add the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Mix gently
- Serve Sauteed Mushroom with Garlic warm as a side dish or at room temperature with a salad