Baby Arian loves banana nut bread. So I challenged myself to make him a healthy version so I won’t feel guilty feeding it to him. I came up with what I call a skinny banana nut bread. It is sugar free, fat free, and gluten free bread. It can’t get better than that 😉
I was surprised on how delicious and sweet it turned out. I know it was good, because when Arian was eating it, he was making the yum yum sound. He is not talking yet, but he knows how and when to say yum. It’s so cute, I love it. 🙂
Weather you are on a diet or trying to eat and feed your family healthy, this skinny banana nut bread will a good addition to your menu.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50-60 minutes
Makes: One 9*5 loaf
3 ripe bananas
1 cup of sugar free apple sauce
1/4 cup of low fat yogurt
2 cups of walnuts
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9 * 5 loaf pan.
Ground the walnuts in a food processor by pulsing just 3 or 4 times. You want to have a few chunks of walnuts remaining.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar free apple sauce
- ¼ cup of low fat yogurt
- 2 cups of walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9 * 5 loaf pan.
- Ground the walnuts in a food processor by pulsing just 3 or 4 times. You want to have a few chunks of walnuts remaining.
- In a mixing bowl roughly mash the bananas using a fork leaving a few small un-mashed pieces. This will help keep your banana bread extra moist for days to come.
- Add the eggs and mix them in the mashed bananas using a spatula
- Add the plain yogurt and apple sauce while mixing.
- Add the cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and ground walnuts. Mix the ingredients together until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the bread.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool off for at least 30 minutes before unmolding.
- Enjoy the skinny banana nut bread for breakfast or snack.